NWC Mexico EI Trip 2006

Blog of the Northwest Chapel Equipo Internacional trip

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

2 Days to Go

The count down has started. Just 2 days until we leave for Mexico. The last week has been a whirlwind! God is so Amazing!!! So, to catch up everyone who I haven't told already here's the story so far.

Last Wednesday, I had lunch with Pastor Martin Guerena. He was telling me about his Equipo Internacional trip coming up, where the team will be equiping and ministering to Pastors and congregations of new churches being planted in Mexico. He mentioned that Josh F. was supposed to go, but was not able to. Then Rob and Mindy R. were supposed to go, but plans changed. As it stood, he was going without someone to setup and run the sound and computer equipment. Almost jokingly, Martin asked if I was free. As it turned out, my calendar was pretty empty. I had a few deadlines at a customer for late next week, but if I could be back in Ohio by 9/20, I could make it work. So, we began praying about it, and we both started to ge excited for this opportunity. You see, Martin and I have wanted to work together in missions for awhile. The timing has never worked out, until now.

After lunch I went back to the office and started clearing my calendar, and praying hard. I found a speaking engagement for 9/20 that I forgotten to add to my calendar. Checking with the event sponsor, I could not get out of it. So I called Martin to see if it would be possible to get me to the airport on 9/19. The original itinerary did not work with that schedule. However, God was at work! Later that evening, Martin called to tell me the entire itinerary had changed, and we would be working out of San Diego more frequently than he thought. I could get to the airport on 9/19 with no issues.

The next question was my health. The next day marked 3 weeks since I had vertigo symptoms, and my Dr. approved my travel.

The last issue in the back of my mind was being able to meet deadlines for my customer. On Friday, the deadlines were all pushed back 2 weeks.

As we continue to pray, we continue to see God work. Please pray with us through this trip. As we have time and an internet connection, I'll be updating this site with blogs and pictures. Feel free to post comments, as we would love to hear from you. We can add specific prayer requests and praises, as well.

Jon Baker

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We definitely will be praying!
--This blog thing is pretty cool, we'll be checking for your up-dates! Jen and Chris and Gracie

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done good and faithful servant...

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home